The innovative products honored reinforce increased demand for kitchen and bath products that offer convenience, provide peace of mind and enhance personal wellbeing and sustainable design
(HACKETTSTOWN, NJ) –March 11, 2021 – The 2021 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the destination for kitchen and bath design professionals, revealed its Best of KBIS 2021 winners. The awards, which recognize the most innovative new kitchen and bath products introduced at KBIS Virtual, were recognized during a special episode of NKBA Live. Sixteen finalists were recognized prior to announcing this year’s winners.
Congratulations to the Best of KBIS 2021 award winners:
Best of KBIS – Best of Show: Dekton Craftizen Collection by Cosentino
- The uneasiness of 2020 has drawn many to seek minimal aesthetics with organic design elements. With these sentiments in mind, Dekton by Cosentino, the world’s most innovative and durable architectural surface, has created the Dekton Craftizen Collection. Designed specifically for flooring and cladding, Craftizen pays homage to the craftsman techniques and revisits the beauty of Venetian stucco powered by Dekton’s unique advantages for modern interior designers and their clients. The five colors — Albarium, Argenta, Micron, Nacre and Umber — deliver a range of warm hues coupled with an innovative, rich stucco-like texture.
Best of KBIS – Kitchen Gold: Emtek Select Knobs by Emtek
- Introducing the EMTEK SELECT Door Knob Collection of mix-and-match styles and finishes for knobs, stem and rosettes. Choose all three component parts in the same trend-forward finish, in three distinct finishes or any option in between. Available in three knob designs (White Marble, Knurled or Straight Knurled) with seven finishes, and pair with any style rosette in any combination of available finishes. Includes strike plate, dust box and a 28-degree rotation latch at no additional charge.
Best of KBIS – Kitchen Silver: Flo by Moen™ Smart Sump Pump Monitor
- Banish the anxiety of a flooded basement with 24/7 plumbing protection with the new Flo by Moen™ Smart Sump Pump Monitor. This device uses smart technology to help homeowners reduce the risk of flooding as a result of failed sump pumps by providing continuous monitoring and alerts when potential failures are detected. Proactive monitoring allows homeowners to mitigate the risk of water damage from anywhere at any time, so they never have to worry if their sump pump is working properly.
Best of KBIS – Bath Gold: GC Touchless Faucet by TOTO
- Inspired by ancient Japanese temples’ entrance columns, the GC Touchless Faucet epitomizes timeless beauty. Offering TOTO’s SoftFlow technology, it precisely balances translucent streams to gently caress the skin and save water. Powered by TOTO’s revolutionary ECOPOWER self-generating hydropower technology (no hardwiring or routine battery replacement), there’s no minimum daily usage. At a mere 0.35 gpm, it generates the power for the sensor faucet’s operation. An electric platform is also available.
Best of KBIS – Bath Silver: Kohler Moxie Showerhead + Wireless Speaker with Amazon Alexa
- Embedded with Amazon Alexa, the Kohler Moxie Showerhead + Wireless Speaker brings an unparalleled audio and water experience to the showering space — blending the sophistication and design excellence of Kohler’s bathroom collection with the highest quality sound experience via Harman Kardon. The showerhead features a full-coverage spray, while the portable speaker delivers specialized tuning for the unique acoustic dynamics of the bathroom.
Best of KBIS – Impact Gold: TandemLED by Task Lighting
- TandemLED, named for its unique two-wire (tandem) operation, is a patent-pending, tunable white LED lighting technology that adjusts LED lights from Warm White 2700K to Daylight White 5000K, all while allowing the user to adjust the light output from dim to bright. The system also offers a wireless remote for tuning the white color temperature of the lighting, or the new WAV Smart Control system that controls lights via a smartphone app or voice command.
Best of KBIS – Impact Silver: LG Studio WashTower™
- LG Studio WashTower™ is a sleek, single-unit laundry solution that takes up half the floor space while tackling ultra-large loads. With an exclusive form factor only from LG, the smartly designed LG WashTower enables consumers to reinvent their laundry room design — and their laundry routine — with convenient controls, built-in intelligence and advanced cleaning.
Luxe Interiors + Design, the largest network of regional shelter magazines across the country, sponsored the 2021 Best of KBIS Awards for the second consecutive year. Pam Jaccarino, editor in chief of Luxe, hosted the awards ceremony.
“The Best of KBIS Awards continues to highlight the ‘best of the best’ products at KBIS,” said Suzie Williford, EVP of Industry Relations and Chief Strategy Officer at the National Kitchen & Bath Association, which owns KBIS. “We are proud to provide the platform that recognizes the breadth of innovation seen in the kitchen and bath industry.”
The 2021 Best of KBIS winners were selected following two rounds of judging. The Best of KBIS judges for 2021 included:
Ariana Lovato, AKBD, NKBA Thirty Under 30 alum, owner and principal designer, Honeycomb Home Design
Benjamin Ouellette, CLIPP, NKBA Thirty Under 30 alum, owner and principal designer, BJOID Interior Design
Elma Gardner, CMKBD, NKBA, owner and principal designer, By Design Studios
Emily Mackie, ASID, owner and principal designer, Inspired Interiors Inc.
Mary Douglas Drysdale, creative director, Drysdale Design Associates Inc.
KBIS 2022 is scheduled for February 8-10, 2022, in Orlando, Florida.
About the National Kitchen & Bath Association and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is the not-for-profit trade association that owns the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS), as part of Design and Construction Week ® (DCW). With nearly 50,000 members in all segments of the kitchen and bath design and remodeling industry, the NKBA has educated and led the industry since the association’s founding in 1963. The NKBA envisions a world where everyone enjoys safe, beautiful and functional kitchen and bath spaces. The mission of the NKBA is to inspire, lead and empower the kitchen and bath industry through the creations of certifications, specialty badges, marketplaces and networks. For more information, visit www.nkba.org or call 1-800-THE-NKBA (843-6522).
KBIS® and NKBA® are registered trademarks of the National Kitchen & Bath Association.
KBIS is produced by Emerald, a leader in building dynamic, market-drive business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. With over 140 event each year, the Emerald team are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, visit http://www.emeraldx.com.